Application period is between the 1st and the 30th April every year (click here for more informations).
The Republic and Canton of Geneva, in association with Laps association, founded the Embassy of Foreign Artists – residency for foreign artists, located in the “Praille-Acacias-Vernets” area in 2012. Under the name Embassy of Foreign Artists and with the participation of foreign creators, local artists and cultural institutions in Geneva, this project aims to create an interactive network that will encourage the development of new approaches and reflection on contemporary urban development.
Our house has four bedrooms as well as several common spaces: bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a living room. The EoFA suites can accommodate three residents at a time for a period of three or six months. The fourth suite is reserved for local associations and institutions as accommodation for their visiting artists for periods of at least one month. The stay provides:
– A private room as well as a working space and access to common areas shared with other residents.
– A residency of three or six months (the desired length of stay must be specified on the Application Questionnaire).
– A grant of 1200.- Swiss francs per month for the length of the stay.
Requirements for applicants
Candidates must respond to the following criteria:
– The open call is addressed to all professional artists coming from following artistic fields: performing arts, visual arts and applied arts (fine arts, dance, theatre, music, literature, comics, cinema, etc.). Cultural practitioners, active in the research of contemporary cultural practices, such as curators, play writers, set designer or from other fields and applied disciplines (architecture, design) are also invited to apply;
– Be in possession of a wide range of creations, publications and performances at a professional level;
– Not be currently registered in a basic artistic training course;
– Not be from or living in Geneva/Geneva region;
– Speak one of the following languages: French or English.
– Accept and agree to pay costs related to their travel and artistic production.
A jury will select Grant beneficiaries. Candidates will be informed of the jury’s decision by beginning of July 2019. It is not possible to appeal the jury’s decision. Allocation of the grant and residency are dependent on the obtainment by the candidate of a residence permit for Switzerland and proof of insurance covering medical assistance and accidents in Swiss territory during the period of stay in Geneva.