The Maison Baron consists of a main house, an annex, and an expansive garden. Built between 1815 and 1820, the house is a surviving example of a style which dotted Geneva’s countryside in the middle of the 20th century. The City of Geneva bought the estate in 1992, and for many years it housed the french-speaking branch of the Swiss Arts Council’s Pro Helvetia.
The artists’ residence is located close to the Motel Campo (an artist studio and concert hall), the Piano Nobile (an exhibition space), and the Villa Bernasconi (cultural centre of the City of Lancy) with whom we often collaborate. EoFA is also a part of the Quartier Etoile network, which brings together independent art spaces, galleries, art traders, and exhibition spaces within La Praille industrial zone.